Program Evaluation Coordinator
To conduct program evaluations that include quantitative and qualitative measures to improve student academic performance, monitor teaching/learning, enhance program effectiveness, and/or comply with state or federal requirements. To facilitate and collaborate with district staff and outside researchers to formulate, design, conduct, and report internal research findings. Support use of data and research in educational decision-making.
Master’s degree in education from an approved educational institution
Extensive coursework in Evaluation, Educational Measurement, and/or Educational Research, preferred
Valid Texas teacher certificate
Valid Texas Mid-Management or other appropriate Texas administrative certificate
Three (3) years successful teaching experience in public school
Three (3) years successful experience with assessment, research, and/or program evaluations, preferred
Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Advanced understanding of research methodologies and processes
Ability to analyze data, create research reports, and make recommendations
Experience in the use of databases, spreadsheets, and statistical software packages
Advanced computer and technology skills
Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and research documents
Experience in providing technical presentations to non-technical audiences
Strong organizational, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
Ability to work well with a diverse population
Major responsibilities and duties
Program Evaluation Management
- Plan and implement program evaluation projects through the research cycle – methods(s) selection, data collection, protocol development, data management, data analysis, report writing, and presenting findings – to evaluate student academic performance, teaching/learning effectiveness, program implementation and success, and compliance with local, state, and federal requirements.
- Determine timelines for the completion of program evaluations and internal research projects, including an annual schedule of recurring program evaluations.
- Design and implement efficient program evaluation systems that allow for accurate and reliable data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Manage data, including the database development, collection/entry, coding, and preparation for analysis.
- Ensure data and analysis integrity and confidentiality as related to program evaluations and internal research projects.
- Assist with compiling and maintaining historical data.
- Design or modify data collection tools (e.g., pre/post-tests, surveys, questionnaires, focus groups, etc.) as needed to support program evaluations and internal research projects.
- Disseminate and translate findings, conclusions, recommendations, and lessons learned from program evaluations and internal research projects.
- Advise RAAD Director and other stakeholders of finding from program evaluations and internal research projects.
- Provide assistance to other departments in order to ensure the successful interpretation and use of findings from program evaluations and internal research projects.
- Facilitate access to additional data needed by campuses/departments to support their ability to formatively evaluate program implementation/effectiveness.
- Obtain and use external evaluative research findings to support/validate program evaluations and internal research projects.
- Maintain understanding of locally selected, state, and federal assessment programs, including the types of scores that each assessment program provides and how those scores can be used for program evaluations or internal research projects.
- Assist with the evaluation of merit, participation decisions, and data capturing for external research proposals/projects.
- Serve as liaison between school/district and other agencies related to program evaluations internal research findings.
- Consult with parents, administrators, counselors, teachers, community agencies and other relevant stakeholders regarding completed internal research findings and program evaluations.
Policy, Reports, and Law Responsibilities
- Compile, maintain, and file all program evaluation reports and other data records as required by district, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Comply with policies established by state and federal law, State Board of Education rule, and local school board policy.
- Monitor local, state, and federal legislative processes for potential impact on GISD student program outcomes.
- Articulate the district’s mission, instructional philosophy and curriculum implementation strategies to the community and solicit its support in realizing the district’s mission.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly,
- Respond in an efficient and timely manner to directives, tasks, or projects assigned by the superintendent, deputy superintendent(s), assistant superintendent(s), or Director of Research, Assessment & Accountability.
- Demonstrate awareness of district/community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs.
- Relate to staff, students, and parents in ways that convey mutual respect, concern, and high expectations.
- Demonstrate use of appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
- Pursue professional development through reading, attending conferences, and being involved with related agencies and organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Facilitate work with district departments/committees to gain increased understanding of identified program evaluation needs.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.