Purchasing Clerk - E Commerce Specialist
Assist in the procurement of material and equipment for the district. Work under close supervision and follows established purchasing procedures to process bids and purchase orders.
High school diploma or GED
Three (3) years clerical and accounting experience
Knowledge of Oracle Business Suite
Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner
Ability to analyze and organize a complex filing system of bid-related documentation
Proficient in keyboarding and file maintenance
Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing
Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Approve purchase orders as directed and in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist staff in preparing purchase requisitions and expediting purchase orders.
- Provide customer support to supplier navigating Oracle E-Commerce modules.
- Contact vendors to check on supply and equipment purchase orders and other issues as directed.
- Detect and resolve problems with incorrect orders, invoices, and shipments.
- Prepare and maintain vendor database and bidder lists.
- Prepare correspondence, forms, manuals, reports, and purchase orders using personal computer.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, and other documents as required.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.