The Ready 1:1 program is part of the GISD Ready initiative which aims to transform teaching and learning in GISD classrooms.
High school Ready 1:1
The Ready 1:1 iPad program is available for all high school students, and families are highly encouraged to participate so that their students can take advantage of this exciting instructional program.
To participate, students and parents must sign and agree to abide by the guidelines and policies as outlined in these documents:
Middle school Ready 1:1
The Ready 1:1 Chromebook program is currently being piloted in classrooms across all 12 middle school campuses. The pilot will continue through the end of the year and will help lay the foundation for the full-scale deployment in 2018-19.
Inspired by the 2014-17 Strategic Plan and funded by the 2014 Bond, Ready 1:1 provided all high school students an iPad in the fall of 2016.
For the 2017-18 school year, high school students and parents were given the option to participate. iPads were then distributed to those that opted in.
Trials at the middle school level led the district to choose Chromebooks as the middle school 1:1 tool. Full-scale cart deployment for middle school is coming in 2018-19.
By providing a device to students, we want to level the playing field and give each of them a chance to explore new learning methods and personalize their educational experience. We want to encourage them to be innovative and think creatively. The Ready 1:1 program:
- helps prepare students of today for world of tomorrow
- creates conditions for future success by helping students become the types of candidates desired by colleges and employers
- provides preloaded digital resources on devices
- helps students becomes creative, innovate problem-solvers - the type of candidates desired by college and employers
- provides equal access to technology in and out of the classroom