Risk Management Specialist
To develop, coordinate, and/or facilitate safety initiatives and assist with the administration of the Risk Management Department.
Bachelor’s degree in related field
Two to five (2-5) years’ successful claims adjusting experience or other relevant safety experience
Good oral and written communication skills
Knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and local laws (OSHA and DWC)
Experience in safety training, accident investigation, and facilities inspection
Major responsibilities and duties
- Develop, coordinate and/or facilitate safety and risk management training.
- Investigate claims and workplace accidents.
- Provide recommendations for loss control.
- Conduct on-site inspections.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Assist with administration of Risk Management Department.
- Maintain relationships with District personnel in order to effective promote safety initiatives and conduct on-site investigations.
- Manage safety budget.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.