To perform general printing, and all illustrative and graphic design duties associated with Screen Printing.
High school diploma or GED
One (1) year experience in screen print production
Knowledge of 4 color process
Substrate, screens, ink, reclaim, and set up knowledge
Complete understanding of mesh counts, coating and exposure
Effective interpersonal skills
Proficient in quality control, inventory control, mixing various ink colors and tints for specific jobs
Major responsibilities and duties
- Monitor inventory to insure minimum delivery delays.
- Manage print production to assure the shortest turnaround time.
- Complete understanding of screen printing process, including mesh count, coating, and exposure.
- Ability to detect mechanical malfunctions in printing equipment.
- Knowledge of precise registration techniques with both single and multicolor screen printing.
- Ability to accomplish print work while under pressure generated by exacting production schedules.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instruction.
- Operation of other offset and duplicating equipment.
- Knowledge of the methods, techniques and equipment used in offset and foil presses.
- Ability to run clean, clear, consistent and attractive printed jobs.
- Operate efficiently specialized computer programs and applications such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. and related current applications used in the creation and design of illustrations, artwork, and design and layout for Screen Printing.
- Check printed items during production run for acceptability, making corrections as needed.
- Working closely with customers on layout and design.
- Ability to print and cut out heat press vinyl for t-shirts.
- Ability to quote all screen printing jobs.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.