Secretary – Executive Director of Purchasing
To assist the administrator and relieve him/her of routing or clerical tasks in order that he/she may attend to professional duties. Assists in the procurement of material and equipment of the district. Works with minimal supervision to perform all assigned tasks.
High School diploma or GED
Valid TEA Certification
Five (5) years of clerical and accounting experience
Knowledge of procedures for purchasing and invoicing supplies and equipment
Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner
Ability to analyze and organize a complex filing system of bid-related documentation
Proficient in keyboarding and file maintenance
Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets, databases and do word processing
Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system, appropriate files and records for the Executive Director and the department.
- Assists in managing the District Credit Card Program.
- Maintains the department budget, process transfers and/or expenditure transfers.
- Reconciles P-Card expenditures, employee reimbursements, etc., through Oracle.
- Maintains the accuracy of employees’ time through Kronos.
- Processes Final Close of all Purchase Orders.
- Prepares final bid tabulations and Administrative Recommendations for Board approval.
- Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary.
- Displays professionalism in dealing with students, parents, staff and community.
- Acts as a liaison with school sites and other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as principals and department directors.
- Approaches problem solving tactfully with directness and integrity, and explains policies when necessary.
- Exerts a positive influence and works in harmony with associates.
- Responds to suggestions for improvement in a positive manner.
- Displays self-control and tact.
- Is punctual.
- Maintains good attendance.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Is mentally alert and physically able to perform job functions.
- Provides for the care and protection of school property.
- Manifests support for and compliance with the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of Garland ISD.
- Follows district policies pertaining to the individual assignment.
- Demonstrates an interest in acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Seeks professional growth through continuing education and staff development.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Does efficient and accurate work.
- Completes assignments promptly.
- Works steadily.
- Shows initiative in assuming responsibility for routine office duties.
- Maintains neat and orderly work area.
- Demonstrates effective keyboarding skills.
- Uses good judgment regarding confidential records and reports.
- Displays effective telephone and personal communication skills.
- Demonstrates effective organization and planning.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for members of the department.
- Operates necessary office equipment skillfully.
- Responds to regularly occurring requests for information, Request for Public Information.
- Prepares Public Notices for upcoming bids.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.