Secretary to Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction
Work under minimum supervision to provide advanced clerical series to the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction. Handle confidential information and engage in frequent contact with all levels of district employees, outside agencies, and the general public.
High School diploma or GED
Certified Educational Office Professional certification (CEOP), preferred
Five (5) years or more of advanced secretarial experience with extensive contact with people
Knowledge of school district organization, operations, and administrative policies
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos
Ability to make independent decisions regarding planning, organizing and scheduling
Excellent public relations, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets, perform data analysis, and do word processing
Ability to multi-task numerous complex administrative activities
Major responsibilities and duties
- Provide direct assistance and support to the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction.
- Prepare correspondence, forms, manuals, reports, presentations, and other documents for the administrator assigned.
- Schedule appointments and maintain the administrator’s calendar.
- Set up meetings including reserving the venue, preparing materials, and arranging for refreshments and catering as needed.
- Make travel arrangements including making hotel reservations and turning in conference registration forms for all the department.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records and other document associated with the operations of the department.
- Manage professional memberships for the Assistant Superintendent and other department staff as directed by the Assistant Superintendent.
- Maintain base budget for the department by reconciling budget books, running weekly reports and attending budget meetings.
Reception and Phones
- Answer incoming calls and greet visitors. Respond to routine inquiries from the public and staff and refer appropriate inquiries or problems to the Assistant Superintendent or other administrators.
Policy, Reports, and Correspondence
- Compile pertinent data used to prepare various required state and local reports.
- Prepare purchase orders and payment authorizations as directed.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws and regulations, and local board policy.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.