Secretary, Executive Director Facilities & Maintenance
To assist in the routine work activities and secretarial tasks of the Facilities Department, Environmental Department and Geographic Information Department by providing clerical and administrative support to the Executive Director of Facilities and Maintenance, Director of Geographic Information Systems and Construction and Environmental Services Administrator and other administrative staff.
High School Diploma or GED
Advanced education or training preferred
TEA Paraprofessional Certification or eligible
Certified Educational Office Professional (CEOP) preferred
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience
Proficient use of MS Office software applications-advanced skill level
Oracle software application knowledge preferred
Possess aptitude and ability to utilize other software applications
Must possess highly effective professional communication skills and interpersonal skills to be able to positively and professionally interact with all levels of school employees, consultants, co-workers and the general public
Flexibility under pressure
Ability to manage heavy workload while meeting critical deadlines
Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
Must possess strong organizational skills and clerical skills
Exhibit initiative in performing office functions without supervision
Willingness to perform other duties as assigned
Major responsibilities and duties
- Provide direct assistance and support to the Executive Director of Facilities and Maintenance, Director of Geographic Information Systems and the Construction & Environmental Services Administrator.
- Maintain Executive Director, Director and Administrator’s calendar, schedule meetings, and prepare materials for meetings.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, forms and similar materials for the Executive Director, Director and Administrator within the departments.
- Assist and support the Managers/Supervisors within the department with appointments, scheduling meetings, materials preparation, and other secretarial tasks.
- Arrange travel for Executive Director, Director and Administrator and other administrative staff, and prepare travel reimbursement documents.
- Create and receive on requisitions for Purchase Orders.
- Handle property and travel procurement changes and reconcile expenses.
- Maintain, order and distribute office supplies for each department and the Bond Office.
- Gather, compose and forward all Board Meeting items and exhibit by deadline.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records and other documents associated with department operations.
- Maintain file rooms with pertinent documentation such as contracts, architectural plans, abatement documents, etc.
- Utilize multiple software applications to perform daily business operations.
- Manage professional memberships for the Executive Director, Director and Administrator and other administrative staff.
- Assist in the preparation/updating of job descriptions and organization charts for the department.
- Schedule job interviews and prepare packets for use by the interview committee, compile final interview scores to submit for approval signatures, and forward for processing through HR.
- Maintain base budget for department by reconciling budget books, running weekly reports and attending budget meetings.
- Create PowerPoint presentations for meetings.
- Take pictures during events and post on shared drive.
- Maintain department inventory of all department technology and office supplies.
- Maintain office equipment and order appropriate supplies.
- Create, manage and receive on Elahi/Akorbi temp PO’s.
- Manage deposit logs for weekly Garda pick up for Leasing and Student Nutrition Services.
- Create and track work orders in SchoolDude.
- Maintain logs and distribute boxes r crates and carriers to campuses/departments for renovations, moving, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of information handled within the department.
- Receive and deliver mail and A-location emails.
- Receive visitors and telephone calls, schedule meetings or take reliable messages and route to appropriate staff.
- Manage scheduling calendar for use of department conference room.
- Display professionalism in dealing with staff, vendors and community members.
- Prepare beverages for meeting and order and coordinate meals for working meetings.
- Represent departments as Safety Team Leader and report Worker’s Comp injuries.
- Collect payment from private individuals for land lease(s).
- Attend professional development courses/training for continued personal and professional growth.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.