Secretary Executive Director of Finance
To provide clerical and administrative support to the Finance Director and other staff members; have frequent contact with all levels of district employees.
High school diploma or equivalent required; advanced education/training
Certified Education Office Professional (CEOP), preferred
Notary Public for Dallas County or eligible for commission
Minimum three (3) years’ advanced secretarial experience in an executive or public education, preferred
Highly proficient in general office skills, including office management and organization
Advance knowledge in MS Office software applications
Oracle software application knowledge preferred
Ability to incorporate technological advances into daily office operations
Ability to maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
Must possess effective and pleasant communication skills in order to interact with staff and public in a positive and professional manner
Must be detailed oriented
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and handle heavy workload with critical deadlines
Must be able to perform office functions with minimal supervision
Bookkeeping, accounting and budget experience, preferred
Willingness to perform other duties assigned
Major responsibilities and duties
- Prepare correspondence, forms, reports, manuals and handouts for the finance director and other department staff members.
- Answer and respond to incoming calls, take reliable messages and refer inquiries problems to the appropriate department.
- Schedule and maintain online calendar for the finance director.
- Complete registrations, travel arrangements and prepare travel documents for the finance director and other department staff as needed.
- Make meeting arrangements for department activities including preparing materials, scheduling and setting up facilities and arranging equipment.
- Manage Kronos time and attendance for appropriate staff.
- Ensure personnel documentation is properly managed and filed in accordance with district records management procedures.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical and responsible.
- Compile pertinent data as needed when preparing various state and local reports.
- Maintain and organize physical and computerized departmental files.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
- Complete P-Card transaction download for all district users.
- Complete monthly bank statement downloads.
- Record new P-Cards in Oracle.
- Send out monthly reports of unreconciled P-card transactions to all district users.
- Complete bond budget transfers.
- Record NSF checks for the district.
- Manage and distribute all Enterprise car rental invoices for the district.
- Assist with the annual budget preparation, submission and approval process, as well as provide budget overviews to the finance director.
- Perform routine bookkeeping tasks, manage spending of funds, and maintain department budget records.
- Prepare and process purchase orders, check requests, reconciliations and other Oracle business related transactions.
- Manage deposit logs for weekly Garda pick up for the Harris Hill building.
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.