To assist in the routine work activities and clerical tasks of the Maintenance Department.
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience
Strong computer skills required
Proficient in MS Office software preferred
Oracle software application knowledge preferred
SchoolDude software knowledge preferred
Must possess strong organizational skills
Must possess good written and verbal communication skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Answer incoming calls for the Maintenance Department and route to appropriate staff, monitors and allows visitor access to building by security camera and buzzer, and greets guest and gives directions.
- Monitor work orders all day checking for unassigned or emergency work order, and routes “miscellaneous” work order to the proper area.
- Enter utility bills from the City of Garland, City of Sachse, City of Rowlett, Cavello and Atmos Energy for all Garland, Sachse and Rowlett facilities.
- Enter labor hours for paint crews and close work orders when directed.
- Monitor weekly vehicle maintenance list from Transportation and send notifications to managers and supervisors.
- Enter labor hours for grass cutting crews during the six month growing season and closed all related work orders at end of season.
- Assist in the bid opening process by receiving and time stamping materials for purchasing. Maintain date stamping machine to insure accuracy.
- Assist the Maintenance business office with processing requisitions, purchase orders and P-Card charges as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.