Secretary Receptionist - Technology Center
Serve as the building receptionist and assist in the routine work activities and secretarial tasks of Network & Communications Infrastructure Department and the Geographic Information Systems Department by providing clerical and administrative support to the Administrator, Managers, Supervisors and other administrative staff.
High school diploma or GED
Certified Educational Office Professional (CEOP) preferred
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience
Proficient use of MS Office software applications
Oracle software application knowledge preferred
Possess aptitude and ability to utilize other software applications
Must possess highly effective professional communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills required
Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
Must possess strong organizational skills
Exhibit initiative in performing office functions
Ability to manage workload while maintaining critical deadlines
Willingness to perform other duties as assigned
Major responsibilities and duties
- Provide direct assistance and support to the Network & Communication Infrastructure Department and the Geographic Information Systems.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, forms and similar materials for the Administration staff within the department.
- Assist and support the Supervisors, Managers, and Assistant Directors within the department with appointments, scheduling meetings, materials preparation, and other secretarial tasks.
- Prepare and maintain purchase orders, check requests, invoices, reimbursements and other documents related to budgetary tasks.
- Arrange travel for administrative staff, and prepare travel reimbursement documents.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records and other documents associated with department operations.
- Utilize multiple software applications to perform daily business operations.
- Receive visitors and telephone calls, schedule meetings or take reliable messages and rout to appropriate staff.
- Manage professional memberships for the administrative staff.
- Assist in the preparation/updating of job descriptions and organization charts for the department.
- Manage scheduling calendar for use of department conference room.
- Provide effective management of property and travel P-Cards.
- Attend professional development courses/training for continued personal and professional growth.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of information handled within the department.
- Display professionalism in dealing with staff, vendors and community members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.