Security Coordinator - Operations
Enhance the educational environment for students and staff by ensuring the security department remains operational and highly functioning while overseeing security operations.
High School Diploma or GED
MINS or FEMA Certifications
Military Veteran with Honorable Discharge
Law Enforcement Certification
Five (5) years’ experience in an educational environment working in security or a security-related field and providing supervision
Possess Class C Texas Driver License and prove insurability with the district
Advanced knowledge of emergency management
Ability to facilitate security measures in collaboration with supporting agencies
Ability to manage budgets and supervise personnel
Ability to utilize Microsoft Office products to manage multiple databases
Ability to manage multiple projects
Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members to realize security goals
Ability to communicate to multiple staff in emergency response options
Ability to train all district staff in emergency response options
Ability to write emergency operations plans
Strong organizational, communication, public relations and interpersonal skills
Aptitude for successful completion of assigned tasks
Ability to work under pressure in emergency situations
Ability to working a diverse culture
Ability to serve as a role model for all district employees by exhibiting behavior that is ethical, courteous and responsible
Ability to exercise good judgment in decision-making
Major responsibilities and duties
- Coordinate all aspects of district security operations in accordance with applicable laws, codes, best practices, district policy and processes.
- Coordinate all aspects of the district emergency management program in accordance with applicable laws (Texas Education Code §37), best practices (Texas School Safety Center), district policy and processes.
- Coordinate with the coordinator of security systems to support daily security operations, as needed.
- Coordinate special assigned tasks and programs (e.g., SRO, K9, etc.) as needed in accordance with applicable laws, codes, best practices, district policy and processes.
- Support security officers in the field as needed to complete assigned tasks.
- Complete work-related documentation in accordance with district processes and policy.
- Provide support to campus staff as needed to improve operations.
- Assist with any security issues as directed by the directory of security.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors within the line of authority.
- Supervise and evaluate security officers and operations lead.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.