Security Coordinator - Systems
Enhance the educational environment for students and staff by ensuring the security department remains operational and highly functioning while overseeing security systems.
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Technology or military equivalent
State of Texas Fire License or NICET II Certification
Military Veteran with Honorable Discharge
Five (5) years; experience in security systems in educational environment
Provide Class C Driver License and prove insurability to operate district vehicles
Knowledge of school district bond program management
Ability to exercise good judgment in decision-making
Knowledge of low-voltage security systems
Knowledge of NFPA and IFC rules governing educational occupancies
Knowledge of basic networking, to include local and wide area networks
Ability to control budgets and supervise personnel
Ability to utilize Microsoft Office products to manage multiple databases
Ability to manage multiple projects and trades
Strong organizational, communication, public relations and interpersonal skills
Aptitude for successful completion of assigned tasks
Ability to work under pressure in emergencies
Ability to work within a diverse culture
Ability to serve as a role model for all district employees by exhibiting behavior that is ethical, and courteous and responsible
Major responsibilities and duties
- Coordinate maintenance al all assigned district systems in accordance with applicable codes, best district practices and processes.
- Coordinate and oversee all district projects related to assigned district systems in accordance with the scope and plan approved by the district administration and board.
- Coordinate all video requests by campuses and law enforcement in compliance with all applicable codes, laws, best practices and district processes.
- Coordinate and maintain security department budgets in accordance with all applicable laws, best practices and district processes.
- Coordinate with the tri-city fire departments in compliance with applicable international and local fire codes, best practices and district processes.
- Coordinate all security department contracts with the purchasing department in accordance with all applicable laws, best practices and district processes.
- Coordinate with the coordinator of security operations to support daily emergency management and security operations as needed.
- Support technicians in the field as needed to complete assigned tasks.
- Complete work-related documentation in accordance with district processes and policy.
- Provide support to campus staff as needed to improve system operations.
- Perform periodic after-hour standby duty to respond to technical issues as needed.
- Assist with any security issues as directed by the director of security.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise and evaluate all security electronic technicians and the security electronic technician lead.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.