Security Electronic Technician - Lead
Provide direct oversight of all security electronic technicians in the completion of repairs, preventive maintenance and inspections on assigned systems.
High School Diploma or GED
State Fire Alarm License
Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester License
Technical Certificate in Basic Electronics
Fire Sprinkler Systems License
Military Veteran with Honorable Discharge
Minimum five (5) years’ experience working on fire alarm and/or fire sprinkler systems
Documented experience leading a team in completing assigned tasks
Valid Texas Class C driver license and prove insurability to operate district vehicles
Knowledge of International Fire Code as it relates to fire systems
Knowledge of backflow prevention assemblies
Knowledge of fire sprinkler systems
Knowledge of fire alarm systems
Knowledge of low voltage electronics
Knowledge of basic electronics
Aptitude for successful completion of assigned tasks
Ability to work under pressure in emergency situations
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Ability to work within a diverse culture
Ability to serve as a role model for all district employees by exhibiting behavior that is ethical, and courteous and responsible
Major responsibilities and duties
- Provide oversight of assigned security electronic technicians in completing assigned tasks.
- Maintain district fire alarm systems in accordance with all fire codes, best practices and department processes.
- Maintain district fire suppression/sprinkler systems in accordance with all fire codes, best practices and department processes.
- Maintain district fire extinguishers in accordance with all fire codes, best practices and department processes.
- Maintain all fire backflow systems by performing inspections and repairs as required by the fire code.
- Act as district representative for all fire marshal facility inspections by walking locations with fire inspectors to record and report all deficiencies to ensure fire code compliance.
- Maintain all security intrusion, CCTV, and visitor management systems by performing repairs, inspections and preventive maintenance.
- Support other technicians in the field as needed to complete assigned tasks.
- Complete work-related documentation in accordance with district processes and policy.
- Provide support to campus staff as needed to improve system operations.
- Perform periodic after-hour standby duty to respond to technical issues as needed.
- Assist with any security issues as directed by the director of security.
- Prioritize and assign daily work on all assigned systems in accordance with applicable codes, best practices and department processes.
- Train technicians on district processes, procedures and policies for maintaining assigned systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.