Security Electronic Technician - Networks
Maintain all assigned security department systems’ equipment that utilizes technology infrastructure by acting as the liaison with the technology department. Manage the district access card and mobile device programs. Provide archived video for student discipline and criminal investigations. Support the technology department by interacting with law enforcement to recover district-issued devices (iPads and Chromebooks).
High School Diploma or GED
Technical Certificate or Associates Degree I Information Technology
Military Training in Information Technology
Military Veteran with Honorable Discharge
Three (3) years’ experience working on network infrastructure
Provide valid Texas Class C driver license and prove insurability to operate district vehicles
Knowledge of Apple and Microsoft operating systems
Knowledge of Microsoft Server OS and SQL
Knowledge of data networking principles and equipment
Knowledge of Apple and Android cellular phone operating systems
Knowledge of Avigilon CCTV servers and systems
Knowledge of System Galaxy access control and intrusion systems
Knowledge of Microsoft Excel for database management
Aptitude for successful completion of assigned tasks
Ability to work under pressure in emergencies
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Ability to work within a diverse culture
Ability to serve as a role model for all district employees by exhibiting behavior that is ethical, and courteous and responsible
Major responsibilities and duties
- Maintain all security department servers in accordance with best practices and department processes.
- Serve as the liaison with the technology department for all security department systems’ needs.
- Support the technology department by working with law enforcement to identify and recover mobile devices as needed.
- Maintain, issue, recover, and track all access control cards for district facilities in accordance with district procedures.
- Review, archive, and store all video from district CCTV equipment that is requested or identified for investigations; provide video as requested.
- Provide daily oversight to the district mobile device program; monitor all billing and accounting for devices by completing annual audits of the program.
- Assist in the maintenance of all telecommunications equipment.
- Support other technicians in the field to repair systems (e.g., CCTV, Raptor, Access Control, Intrusion, and PA), as needed.
- Complete work-related documentation in accordance with district processes and policy.
- Provide support to campus staff as needed to improve system operations.
- Perform periodic after-hour standby duty to respond to technical issues as needed.
- Assist with any security issues as directed by the director of security.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.