Security Electronics Technician - Licensed
Maintain district fire systems by performing inspections, repairs and preventive maintenance.
High School Diploma
State Fire Alarm License
Technical Certificate in Basic Electronics
Military Veteran with Honorable Discharge
Three (3) years’ experience working on fire alarm and/or other fire suppression systems
Valid Texas Class C driver license and prove insurability to operate district vehicles
Knowledge of low voltage electronics
Knowledge of fire sprinkler systems
Knowledge of fire alarm systems
Knowledge of basic electronics
Aptitude for successful completion of assigned tasks
Ability to work under pressure in emergencies
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Ability to work within a diverse culture
Ability to serve as a role model for all district employers by exhibiting behavior that is ethical, courteous and responsible
Major responsibilities and duties
- Maintain district fire alarm systems in accordance with all fire codes, best practices and department processes.
- Maintain district fire suppression/sprinkler systems in accordance with all fire codes, best practices and department processes.
- Maintain district fire extinguishers in accordance with all fire codes, best practices and department processes.
- Act as district representative for all fire marshal facility inspections by walking locations with fire inspectors to record and report all deficiencies to ensure fire code compliance.
- Perform annual fire alarm inspections as required by the State, in accordance with applicable codes.
- Assist with annual fire sprinkler and fire line backflow inspections as required by the State, in accordance with applicable codes.
- Support other technicians in the field to repair systems (e.g. CCTV, Raptor, Access Control, Intrusion, PA, and Telephone), as needed.
- Complete work-related documentation in accordance with the district processes and policy.
- Provide support to campus staff as needed to improve system operations.
- Perform periodic after-hour standby duty to respond to technical issues as needed.
- Assist with any security issues as directed by the director of security.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors within the line of authority.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.