Security Electronics Technician Servers
Maintain district low voltage systems and system servers assigned to the security department by performing inspections, repairs and preventive maintenance. Assist with the issuance of access cards to district personnel and contractors.
High School Diploma or GED
Military Veteran with Honorable Discharge
Technical Certificate in basic networking (CCENT or Network+), preferred
Three (3) years’ experience working on related servers and low voltage systems
Valid Texas Class C driver license and prove insurability to operate district vehicles
Knowledge of Galaxy Intrusion/Access Control Systems
Knowledge of networked security systems
Knowledge of Microsoft Server OS and SQL programs
Ability to troubleshoot basic intrusion and access control systems
Knowledge of basic electronics
Knowledge of Microsoft computer operating systems
Knowledge of basic network infrastructure
Aptitude for successful completion of assigned tasks
Ability to work under pressure in emergencies
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Ability to work within a diverse culture
Ability to serve as a role model for all district employees by exhibiting behavior that is ethical, courteous and responsible
Major responsibilities and duties
- Maintain all intrusion/access control and CCTV system servers in accordance with applicable codes, best practices and department processes.
- Assist with the issuance and control of access cards in accordance with best practices and district/department processes.
- Maintain district CCTV systems in accordance with applicable codes, best practices and department processes.
- Maintain district intrusion/access control systems in accordance with applicable codes, best practices and department processes.
- Maintain district visitor management systems in accordance with applicable codes, best practices and department processes.
- Support the district fire extinguisher program by assisting with the inspection and replacement of identified extinguishers.
- Support other technicians in the field to complete systems repairs, as needed.
- Complete work-related documentation in accordance with district processes and policy.
- Provide support to campus staff as needed to improve system operations.
- Perform periodic after-hour standby duty to respond to technical issues as needed.
- Assist with any security issues as directed by the director of security.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.