Ensure a high degree of safety and security for students, staff, families, community, and district property by monitoring and patrolling campus grounds and buildings.
High school diploma or GED
Security experience in a school district or education environment
Military Veteran with Honorable Discharge
Law Enforcement and/or Security experience
Three (3) years of experience in security
Valid Texas Class C driver license and prove insurability to operate district vehicles
Aptitude for successful completion of assigned tasks
Ability to work under pressure in emergencies
Ability to communicate via short-wave radio with security officers, administrative staff and local law enforcement
Basic knowledge of security processes and procedures
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system
Ability to work within a diverse culture
Ability to serve as a role model for all district employees by exhibiting behavior that is ethical, courteous and responsible
Major responsibilities and duties
- Monitor all properties, alarms and telephone systems on a continual basis.
- Work closely with staff, students, families, community members and local law enforcement to provide assistance as needed.
- Provide asset protection by patrolling school property, including physical property checks as needed and monitoring premises for the presence of non-district persons.
- Manage security needs to include emergency management matters.
- Provide metal detection and site-based security for athletic and other district events.
- Provide emergency management training for students and staff; assist with campus drills and exercises as requested by campus staff.
- Use the department software to log all activities.
- Maintain and clean district vehicle for each shift.
- Maintain professional standards of conduct in dealing with students, staff and community guests.
- Practice high standards of safety at all times.
- Assist with any security issues as directed by the director of security.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.