Skylert and Skyward communication settings
You have several options for customizing the way the district communicates with you and how you receive important notifications.
To have your home address updated, please send proof of residency to the main email for the school. Examples of proof of residency include a photo of your lease or a water, gas or electric bill.
In Skyward Family Access, you can:
- Update your contact info and choose how you receive Skylert notifications (email, phone, SMS text message)
- Update your email address and notifications (daily attendance and low grades)
- Change Skyward's display language (Chrome browser)
- Choose the language you prefer for report cards, progress notices, phone calls and emails
Skylert helps the district distribute news to families through emails, phone and SMS text messages.
Translated instructions for Skylert
Skylert settings allow you to choose how you are contacted for the following types of notifications:
- General campus information
- General district information
- General payment information
Step 1: Update contact information
- Click on the Skylert tab.
- Enter up to four phone numbers (three for yourself and one under additional) to receive phone calls.
- Enter one or two email addresses (a home email and additional email)
- Enter up to four phone numbers to receive text messages.
Step 2: Choose type of notifications
- Select the types of notifications you want to get to each phone number and email address by selecting the corresponding checkboxes.
- Click the Save button.
Email address and notifications
You can set up email notifications for daily attendance and grading.
Translated instructions for email notifications
Step 1: Edit or add email addresses
Click on My Account.
Type in or edit your email address.
Step 2: Choose notifications
Choose the email notifications you want to get.
Click the Save button.
Changing language in the Chrome browser
Skyward Family Access can use Chrome's translation tool to change the screen language.
Translated instructions for the Chrome browser
Step 1: Display the "Translate to English" option
From the Skyward Home Screen, right-click to display the pop-up menu. Scroll down and click the "Translate to English" option.
Note: You may have to right-click on different parts of the page to get the "Translate to English" option to appear. Depending on your version of Chrome, the shown options may slightly vary (shown below).
Step 2: Find "Choose another language"
In the box, click the Options button or the three dots and the “Choose another language” option.
"Options" button box
"Choose another language" box
Step 3: Select a language
In the Options box, click the down arrow next to "Translation language" or below "Language to Translate into"
"Translation language" option
"Language to Translate into" option
Select your language from the list. For this example, we'll use Spanish.
When the language is displayed in the selection box, click the "Translate" button.
Step 4: View in the selected language
The Language you chose should now display in Skyward.
The "Translate Language" icon should now appear in the top right corner of your address bar in your web browser.
You can now click on this icon to change page languages if you need to switch again.