Skylert and Skyward communication settings
You have several options for customizing the way the district communicates with you and how you receive important notifications.
To have your home address updated, please send proof of residency to the main email for the school. Examples of proof of residency include a photo of your lease or a water, gas or electric bill.
In Skyward Family Access, you can:
- Update your contact info and choose how you receive Skylert notifications (email, phone, SMS text message)
- Update your email address and notifications (daily attendance and low grades)
- Change Skyward's display language (Google Translate)
- Choose the language you prefer for report cards, progress notices, phone calls and emails
Skylert helps the district distribute news to families through emails, phone and SMS text messages.
Translated instructions for Skylert
Skylert settings allow you to choose how you are contacted for the following types of notifications:
- General campus information
- General district information
- General payment information
Step 1: Update contact information
- Click on the Skylert tab.
- Enter up to four phone numbers (three for yourself and one under additional) to receive phone calls.
- Enter one or two email addresses (a home email and additional email)
- Enter up to four phone numbers to receive text messages.
Step 2: Choose type of notifications
- Select the types of notifications you want to get to each phone number and email address by selecting the corresponding checkboxes.
- Click the Save button.
Email address and notifications
You can set up email notifications for daily attendance and grading.
Translated instructions for email notifications
Step 1: Edit or add email addresses
Click on My Account.
Type in or edit your email address.
Step 2: Choose notifications
Choose the email notifications you want to get.
Click the Save button.
Skyward Family Access can use Google Translate to change the screen language.
Translated instructions for Google Translate
Step 1: Enable Google Translate
Click on My Account.
Check the box next to Show Google Translator in Family Access and then click the Save button.
Step 2: Choose a language
The Select Language menu now displays in Skyward. Click the down arrow and select the desired language.
To toggle between original language and selected language, click the Show Original button or click the down arrow and select another language.
You can receive report cards, progress notices, phone calls and emails in Spanish or Vietnamese.
Translated instructions for language preference
Step 1: Navigate to family information
- Click the Student Info tab.
- Click on Request Changes for.
- Then select Family Information.
Step 2: Set home language
Key in the preferred language in the Home Language box and click the Save button.
Note: You can only choose Spanish or Vietnamese. Any other language enter will default to English.