Coordinate the district STEM program and initiatives. Collaborate with science, math, and technology staff and other district personnel to formulate, develop, promote, implement, and evaluate STEM programs/initiatives. Engage the community and district personnel in STEM activities. Provide curriculum, staff development and course material selection guidance in science and STEM-related courses.
Master’s degree in education or subject-related field
Valid Texas Teacher Certification
Have a minimum of five years demonstrated successful teaching experience in science
Demonstrated ability to design and to lead the development of an effective, integrated curriculum
Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the science TEKS, with a focus on designing effective curriculum and assessments that directly align with those standards
Demonstrated expertise in the design and facilitation of integrated learning models and differentiated, student-centered curriculum
Demonstrated ability to integrate twenty-first century skills and technology into student learning experiences
Ability to successfully provide instructional leadership, organization, communication and management of the district STEM initiatives and programs
Demonstrated success in student achievement as measured by data analysis of assessment for results for curriculum and instructional design
Highly proficient in verbal and written language
Demonstrated interpersonal and collaborative skills for creating and adding value in a high stakes, fast-paces environment
Major responsibilities and duties
- Ability to provide leadership and vision district-wide for K-12 STEM instructional, curricular, and professional development initiatives.
- Administer assigned budgets and ensure that programs are cost effective and funds are managed prudently.
- Direct supervision and evaluation of programs and staff.
- Knowledge of district needs and goals pertaining to curriculum, instruction, training and resources and current national research on STEM and STEM-related programs/initiatives.
- Analyzes and uses date to identify needs and to evaluate, improve, and report on program effectiveness.
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee district events to promote the attainment of district goals and implementation of district initiatives.
- Communicate the goals, plans and progress of the district STEM program.
- Establish strong working relationships with district staff, parents and the community.
- Communicate and promote STEM activities to staff, parents and community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise the STEM facilitator and the SRC paraprofessional.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.