Student teaching, observations and internships
Requirements for student teaching & internships
Step 1: The EPP must make a formal request
- The contact for the Educator Preparation Program (EPP) must contact Dr. Kishawna Wiggins to make a formal request by completing and submitting the following form. If a student applies from the EPP and is not on the list, their application will not be processed.
Step 2: Complete the Garland ISD online application
- All students/interns must complete the GISD Student Teacher Online Application by October 15, 2021.
Step 3: Fingerprint-based background check
- Complete the fingerprint-based background check form.
- Students will receive an email from IDENTOGO (firstname.lastname@example.org) with appointment scheduling instructions.
- If the student does not receive this email within 3 days and has checked spam filters, please email Dr. Kishawna Wiggins.
Step 4: ID Badge process
- Please email your headshot to Dr. Kishawna Wiggins. This photo must be:
- taken with a solid background
- full-face view, nothing below shoulders
- professional-looking (but can be taken yourself)
Step 5: Student-Teacher placement & orientation
- Preferences and special requests are honored based on availability.
- You can expect your placement by November 19, 2021.
- Mandatory Orientation - via Zoom Tuesday, December 14, 2021 at 9 a.m. More details will be shared closer to the date of the orientation.
Requirements for classroom observations
Submitting a classroom observation application:
- all classroom observation requests are submitted through Recruiting and Hiring
- to begin a new Classroom Observation Application, find the click the Apply button next to the applicable CLASSROOM OBSERVATION REQUEST in Job Listings
- after your information is complete, you will receive a confirmation number and your information will be saved allowing you to return at any time to submit additional applications
a new application will be required each semester
After your application is submitted:
- you will receive a verification letter within 3 days of observation period or submission of background check
- contact the campus Principal to request observation permission
- once you are given permission, sign in and out at the campus office
- wear visitor badge entire time of observation
- 1st Semester – Sept. 1 through Nov. 19, 2021
- 2nd Semester – Feb. 1 through April 1, 2022
Observation application deadline
- 1st Semester – Nov. 16, 2021
- 2nd Semester –March 29, 2022