- Depressed or irritable mood
- Decreased interest or pleasure in activities
- Change in appetite or weight
- Sleeping more or less than usual
- Feeling restless or slowed down
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Decreased concentration
- Using drugs or alcohol
- Recent thoughts of death or suicide
Suicide is preventable. There is help. There is hope. If you or anyone you know is having suicidal thoughts, talk to a trusted adult.
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or text "HOME" to 741741.
Learn more about mental health on the National Alliance on Mental Illness website.
Know what to look for
Know what to do
Take it seriously…
- Listen non-judgmentally
- Ask direct questions
- Be supportive
- Offer hope