Summer Parent & Family Engagement Conference
Our Federal Programs, English Language Learners and Family & Community Engagement departments invite you to our summer parent & family engagement conference.
Our conference will cover supporting student engagement in-home and in the classroom, featuring multiple sessions and resources for all grade levels. This summer's theme will be "Team GISD: Families and Staff for Student Success".
Conversations will include topics like:
- academic pathways to student success
- advocating for your child
- digital resources
- healthy cooking
Families can choose to attend the conference either in-person or virtually. Sessions will also provide multiple language options. Please register to attend at bit.ly/GISDConference.
You can choose to attend the daytime or evening sessions.
- Keynote & general session: 8-8:45 a.m.
- 1st session: 9-9:45 a.m.
- Community Resources & Student Performances Fair: 10-11 a.m.
- 2nd session: 11-11:45 a.m.
- Closing session: 12-1 p.m.
- Community Resources Fair: 4:20-5:30 p.m.
- 1st session: 5:35-6:20 p.m.
- 2nd session: 6:20-7:05 p.m.