Oversee the supervision of general maintenance workers, inventory control worker, material expediter and building engineers in their daily work tasks. Supervises four General Maintenance Crew Leaders and gives them direction daily for their work crews. Supervises and oversees all maintenance projects, cabinet fabrication and the Preventive Maintenance Program.
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Texas driver’s license
Minimum five (5) years’ experience as a supervisor
Five (5) years’ experience as a carpenter or general tradesman
Knowledge of carpentry, flooring, painting, cabinet making, ceramic tile installation, roofing, glass installation, locksmith and general maintenance to building systems
Knowledge of power tools, hand tools, carpentry related equipment, scaffolding systems, lift equipment (scissor, one man, and drivable four wheeled units), ladders, power washers, etc.
Ability to supervise projects and large work crews
Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Major responsibilities and duties
- Supervised Crew Leaders who lead the general maintenance staff in the PM program, cabinet shop and Building Engineers. Oversees the general maintenance workers, cabinet shop workers and Building Engineers.
- Set the schedule of the PM program, oversees the completion work on the PM schedule, and oversees the work in the cabinet shop and all maintenance projects.
- Supervise the daily activities of the Inventory Control worker and the Material Expediter, sets schedule for the material expediter to deliver and pick up materials.
- Ability to plan, estimate and give quotes for all maintenance projects with timelines and completion dates.
- Assist with preparing the annual budget for the General Maintenance Department and the Building Engineers.
- Oversee the safety of all workers, making sure that that proper PP&E are being issued and training is provided on all equipment and tools being used.
- Communicate with Principals, Administrators and staff about carpentry and general maintenance work at their campuses, job start dates, completion dates and quality of work being done.
- Ability to open and close work orders, keeping track of man hours, materials, purchase orders and P-Card purchases logged on each work order.
- Ability to follow procurement processes for the ordering of materials, using purchase orders, internal material requisitions and P-Card purchases.
- Order materials on a daily basis, have materials in the shop and delivered to the job site for work crews and filter crews.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises four (4) crew leaders, Inventory Control Worker and Material Expediter.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.