Supervisor, Maintenance Engineers
Supervises HVAC technicians in the repair, maintenance and replacement of HVAC systems, units and parts. Implements schedules and daily work request to technicians for completion in a timely manner.
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
EPA Universal Certification
HVAC Class A or B license
Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the HVAC trade
Minimum three (3) years’ supervisory experience
Knowledge of air conditioning systems, heating systems, chilled water systems, hydronic systems and air cooled/water cooled condenser systems
Knowledge of pneumatics, controls, DDC (direct digital controls), schematics, blue prints, wiring diagrams and general knowledge of the electrical trade
Knowledge of boiler systems, domestic and heating boilers, ignition systems and pumps
Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Major responsibilities and duties
- Supervise HVAC technicians on a daily basis, issuing work orders and job tasks to be completed with a high level of craftsmanship.
- Meet with HVAC technicians on job site to assist with trouble shooting and resolution to HVAC repairs.
- Oversee the safety of all workers, making sure that proper PP&E are being issued and training is provided on all equipment and tools being used.
- Assists with preparing the annual budget for the HVAC department.
- Oversee and complete all annual HVAC system inspections, building codes, safety standards, and state and local inspection requirements.
- Communicate with Principals, Administrators and staff about HVAC work at their campuses, job start dates, completion dates and quality of work being done. Following up with e-mail documentation.
- Ability to estimate and give quotes for HVAC work and projects with timelines and completion dates.
- Ability to open and close work orders, keeping track of man hours, materials, purchase orders and P-Card purchases logged on each work order.
- Ability to follow procurement processes for the ordering of materials, using purchase orders internal material requisitions and P-Card purchases.
- Order materials on a daily basis, have materials in the shop and delivered to the job site for work crews and filter crews.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- No direct reports.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.