Supervisor, Painter and Filter Crew
Supervises painting staff in the preparation and application of latex paints, enamels, acrylics, stains and other approved products to protect the interior and exterior of GISD buildings. Supervises filter crew in the installation of filters, coil cleaning in all HVAC units and building systems. This job is an evening shift position, hours are from 2:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., four days a week, and ten hours per day.
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
Minimum five (5) years’ experience as a supervisor
Five (5) years’ experience in commercial or residential painting
Knowledge of all types of paints, primers and industry coatings and how they are applied
Knowledge of paint equipment such as: airless spray rigs, striping machines, scaffolding systems, ladders, tape and bed tools, lift equipment (scissor, one man, drivable four wheeled units), power washers etc.
Ability to supervise large crews and projects.
Knowledge of HVAC filter applications and installation processes.
Knowledge of coil cleaning for HVAC units.
Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Ability to work evening shift 2:00 pm to 12:30 am
Major responsibilities and duties
- Supervise painting work crews on a daily basis in the preparation and application of paints, primers and finishes to the interior and exterior of buildings in the Garland Independent School District.
- Supervise filter crews in the installation of filters and coil cleaning to HVAC units in the interior and exterior of buildings in the Garland Independent School District.
- Oversee the safety of all workers, making sure that proper PP&E are being issued and training is provided on all equipment and tools being used.
- Assists with preparing the annual budget for the paint department and filter crew.
- Ability to estimate and give quotes for painting work and projects with timelines and completion dates.
- Communicate with Principals, Administrators and staff about paint work at their campuses, job start dates, completion dates and quality of work being done.
- Ability to open and close work orders, keeping track of man hours, materials, purchase orders and P-Card purchases logged on each work order.
- Ability to follow procurement processes for the ordering of materials, using purchase orders, internal material requisitions and P-Card purchases.
- Order materials on a daily basis, have materials in the shop and delivered to the job site for work crews and filter crews.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises two paint Foreman and one filter crew leader on a daily basis.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.