Supplier Data Base Clerk
Review and approve online supplier application. Work with limited supervision and follows established purchasing procedures to process applications.
High school diploma or GED
Three (3) years’ clerical and customer service experience
Knowledge of Oracle iSupplier module procedures
Ability to work with suppliers in an accurate and rapid manner
Ability to analyze and organize a complex filing system of supplier application-related documentation
Proficient in keyboarding and file maintenance skills, including electronic filing
Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing
Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Post bids and addendums to GISD website as directed and in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist with the preparation and emailing of bidding documents, including notice and instruction to bidders, specifications, and proposal forms.
- Communicate with suppliers to update iSupplier account.
- Detect and resolve problems of duplicate suppliers in database.
- Assist suppliers with on-line bidding.
- Extensive ability to file bid and insurance documents electronically.
- Maintain vendor databases.
- Prepare correspondence, forms, manuals, reports, and purchase orders using personal computer.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, and other documents as required.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.