Talking about Teens
A free parent workshop that covers how to:
- encourage cooperation in teens
- develop positive relationships with teens
- understand teens' emotions
- reduce stress in the family
- feel confident that you are doing the right thing
This event is for families of students ages 12-16 in the Garland Independent School District.
Dinner will be served from 6-6:30 p.m. The presentation will begin at 6:20 p.m.
Reserve a seat
We have room for 30 people, so please call or register through Eventbrite.
- call: 972-487-4521 or
- register for English or Vietnamese seat on Eventbrite
- or register for Spanish seat on Eventbrite
The event will be interpreted in Spanish.
If you need an interpreter for Vietnamese, please:
- call two weeks before this event: 972-487-4521
- or register on Eventbrite and choose Vietnamese interpretation during the checkout process
GISD Family & Community Engagement
We offer workshops throughout the year with effective parenting strategies, ideas on how to get more involved and information to help your child be successful in school and in life. Find an upcoming class on the Parent workshop calendar.