Maintain district telecommunication and public address systems by performing inspections, repairs and preventive maintenance.
High School diploma or GED
NEC SV8500 and CCIS Certification
Technical Certificate in basic networking (CCENT or Network+)
Military Veteran with Honorable Discharge
Five (5) years’ experience working on enterprise-level telecommunications systems
Valid Texas Class C driver license and prove insurability to operate district vehicles
Knowledge of NEC telecommunication systems
Knowledge of basic networking in telecommunications
Knowledge of basic electronics principles
Ability to troubleshoot basic telecommunication systems
Aptitude for successful completion of assigned tasks
Ability to work under pressure in emergencies
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Ability to work within a diverse culture
Ability to serve as a role model for all district employees by exhibiting behavior that is ethical, courteous and responsible
Major responsibilities and duties
- Maintain and manage primary telecommunication system in accordance with applicable codes, best practices and department processes.
- Assist technicians as needed with the maintenance of public address systems in accordance with all applicable codes, best practices and department processes.
- Monitor all district telecommunication services and work with service contractor to provide all necessary connectivity.
- Support other technicians in the field to repair systems by the department, as needed.
- Complete work-related documentation in accordance with district processes and policy.
- Provide support to campus staff as needed to improve system operations.
- Perform periodic after-hour standby duty to respond to technical issues as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.