Testing Warehouse Distributor
To manage and maintain materials necessary for the implementation of various assessment programs, including the coordination of shipments (in/out), material inventories, and necessary records; ensure security of materials and other information related to assessment programs; provide safe and efficient delivery of materials between warehouse and campuses.
High School Diploma or equivalent, from an approved educational institution
Valid Texas driver’s license
Associates Degree, preferred
Three (3) years successful shipping/receiving logistics experience
Three (3) years successful experience in public schools, preferred
Clean driving record
Strong understanding of shipping/receiving and materials inventory management
Strong written and oral communication skills, including grammar and spelling
Working knowledge of basic office procedures, operation of common office equipment/machines, and basic office software
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and technical assessment publications
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written, oral, or diagram instructions
Strong ability to focus on details
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Ability to work well with a diverse population
Bilingual (Spanish), preferred
Major responsibilities and duties
- Maintain electronic assessment material and resource inventories for locally selected assessment programs, state assessment programs, federal assessment programs, and locally-developed assessments (e.g., scantrons).
- Receive and maintain records of assessment materials and resources from various vendors (e.g., local, state, federal, etc.), including verification of bills of landing, invoices, and other records.
- Prepare materials and maintain records of assessment material and resource distribution from RAAD warehouse to campuses.
- Maintain delivery routes so that they operate in an effective and efficient manner.
- Process receipt of completed assessment materials and resources from campuses, including those returned by campuses and those retrieved from campuses by RAAD.
- Maintain assessment material order forms and respond to campus material and delivery requests in a timely manner.
- Prepare assessment materials for return shipping to vendor(s) and coordinate carrier pick-ups.
- Assist with the ordering of assessment materials and resources as needed.
- Assist with the development and revision of checklists and other resources to support the successful implementation of various assessment programs.
- Maintain appropriate non-scoreable testing material records as associated with responsibilities.
- Coordinate warehouse facility to ensure the effective and efficient management of materials, resources and archived files.
- Coordinate warehouse facility to ensure the effective and efficient management of materials, resources, and archived files.
- Utilize office technology (e.g., max machine, copy machines, electronic staplers/hole punches, etc.) to complete tasks and assist with maintaining operational readiness of equipment.
- Maintains confidentiality and integrity of information handled within the office.
- Articulate support for the mission, philosophy, strategic plan, goals/objectives, policies, and procedures of Garland ISD.
- Comply with policies established by state and federal law, State board of Education rule, and local school board policy.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Complete work efficiently, accurately, and promptly.
- Show initiative in assuming responsibility for routine office functions, duties, and responsibilities.
- Relate to staff, students, and parents in ways that convey mutual respect, concern, and high expectations.
- Demonstrate effective technology skills, including use of appropriate software.
- Accept responsibility for the care and protection of district property, including the maintenance and upkeep of assigned vehicle.
- Obey all traffic laws while performing job responsibilities.
- Observe all mandatory safety regulations for school vehicles.
- Report all accidents and complete required reports as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Determine priorities and maintain office controls to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with students, parents, community members, and colleagues.
- Exert a positive influence demonstrating a “can do” attitude and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Maintain a problem solving mindset, approaching problems with tact, directness, and integrity.
- Maintain professional behaviors, including appearance, daily attendance, punctual arrival, and order work space.
- Maintain mental alertness and physical ability to perform job functions.
- Demonstrate interest in acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Pursue professional development through reading, attending conferences/training, and being involved with related associations and/or organizations.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.