Time and Labor Specialist
Compile and prepare regular district payroll including related reports and payments. Work under moderate supervision to ensure accurate and timely preparation of payroll records according to prescribed procedures and regulations.
High School Diploma or GED
Valid TEA Certificate
Minimum of two (2) years’ payroll experience
Knowledge of basic payroll accounting procedures
Ability to maintain accurate and auditable records
Proficiency in keyboarding
Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to create spreadsheets and word processing
Ability to meet established deadlines
Major responsibilities and duties
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare accurate department payroll.
- Calculate employee wages, hours worked, overtime pay and summer check accrual.
- Maintain department payroll records, employee payroll information, and other documentation in an orderly and accurate manner in accordance with state, federal and district requirement.
- Display professionalism in dealing with staff.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Must be mentally alert and physically able to perform job functions.
- Follow district policies pertaining to the individual assignment.
- Seeks professional growth through continuing education and staff development.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.