Title I Instructional Coach
Provide focused, sustained training that assists teachers in meeting data driven, collaboratively determined instructional goals
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Three (3) years’ experience as a secondary teacher
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Knowledge of best practice strategies
Ability to interpret data
Ability to communicate effectively with parents and students
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
Instructional and Program Management
- Assist teachers in working with at-risk students, LEP students and other special needs students.
- Support teachers in analyzing data and planning instruction.
- Work with curriculum coordinators to ensure effective implementation of the district curriculum.
- Consult with teachers to develop appropriate strategies for addressing the needs of students.
- Observe classroom instruction and provide feedback and assistance to classroom teachers to facilitate improvement. Demonstrate teaching strategies and instruction with students in the classroom.
- Participate in curriculum development and revisions in content and program areas.
- Work with administrative staff to develop, coordinate, and deliver professional growth activities in content and program areas.
- Provide one-on-one teacher assistance in content and program areas.
- Evaluate the Title I program effectiveness based on evaluative findings (including student achievement data) and recommend changes as needed.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.