Transportation Field Trip Supervisor
Ensure the safe and efficient transportation of students and employees on all extra-curricular trips and monitor the effectiveness of drivers.
High School Diploma or GED
Must have a clear and valid Texas Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger (P) and
School Bus (S) endorsements
Annual physical examination
Satisfactory annual driver’s license and criminal history checks
Successful completion of all state and local training courses
Must be at least 21 years of age
Minimum of three (3) years’ successful experience as a certified school bus driver
Experience with routing and scheduling
Experience in transportation and safety best practices
Proficient in Compass Field trip Software or other Field Trip Software
Proficient skills in keyboarding, data entry, work processing and file maintenance
Ability to prioritize effectively while maintaining composure and responding in an appropriate manner
Ability to work under pressure as workload is deadline driven
Ability to operate a school bus
Ability to read and understand documents including policies and procedures manuals
Ability to pass alcohol and drug tests
Proficient map reading skills
Proficient skills in operating a personal computer utilizing Microsoft Office applications
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Effective telephone and radio skills
Ability to receive and give written and verbal instructions effectively
Excellent customer service skills
Proven bookkeeping experience
Major responsibilities and duties
- Coordinate all bus requests from campuses and departments on all extra-curricular trips.
- Manage the field trip planning software program.
- Responsible for the assignment of drivers for all field trips.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate billing of field trips.
- Provide maps and directions to all drivers for extra-curricular trips and establish safest pick up/drop-off locations for students.
- Prepare each bus route to ensure the written route description is functional and correct.
- Assist in transportation dispatch as needed.
- Troubleshoot issues with service deviation.
- Assess the basic needs to accommodate each trip processed.
- Maintain all required physical and computerized logs, worksheets, files and reports related to field trip operations.
- Maintain records of all field trip requests and driver assignments.
- Assist in completing reports for district and TEA filing.
- Substitute drive on any bus route as necessary.
- Promote a positive image that supports the mission of the school district.
- Provide extracurricular trip lists to director, dispatcher, and assist in the assignment of vehicles.
- Maintain a constant line of communication between the transportation department, shop, schools and administrative offices.
- Maintain rapport with public and handle any problems or concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Investigate and resolve complaints/concerns regarding routing safety.
- Communicate with the athletic department and school administrators in transportation assignments for all students and staff for all field trips.
- Collaborate with lead safety trainer to maintain a district approved driver list.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of the field trip drivers
- Coordinate communication between the transportation department and field trip drivers
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.