Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA)
Visual & Performing Arts calendar
There are many shows and performances that take place across the district. See events available for the public to attend by going to the Visual & Performing Arts calendar.
Additional information can be obtained by contacting George W. Jones or Brenda Hass in the Visual and Performing Arts department at 972-487-3174.
- Two high school musicians named Outstanding Performers
- Administrator receives prestigious lifetime achievement award
- Elementary student earns top music honor
- Art students earn top award
- Local donation allows theater troupe to perform internationally
- RHS Eagle Theatre Co. receives multiple nominations, sets record
- GISD recognized nationally for music education
- GISD Children's Chorus recognized for musical excellence, charitable giving
Educating the whole child
We are committed to the education of the whole child and as a component of that education believe that:
- every student should have a basic knowledge, skills and appreciation of the fine arts.
- a quality arts education program will enable students to develop self-esteem, self-discipline, self motivation, and cooperation necessary for success in life.
Additional information about the importance of the arts in education: