Responsible for on-site leadership of SNS Warehouse Worker(s). Oversee daily warehouse operations to ensure safe and efficient storage, retrieval and distribution of district food, supplies and equipment.
Clear and valid Texas Driver’s License
Current Food Handlers Certification
Five (5) years of experience in warehouse operations
Background in material handling, purchasing and stock control
Demonstrated warehouse supervisory skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
Demonstrated time management skills with an orientation towards meeting deadlines
Demonstrated ability to analyze department productivity
Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
Ability to perform business math functions
Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of automated (or computerized) inventory and materials handling systems
Knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel
Participate in educational opportunities and read technical publications relating to job.
Major responsibilities and duties
Receiving and Delivery
- Oversee receipt of all shipments. Verify accuracy and process according to established procedures.
- Load and unload delivery truck as needed. Unpack item(s) and inspect shipments for damage and defects. Address discrepancies and damage; report as needed.
- Insure that supplies and equipment are delivered to departments and schools by coordinating inventory transfers, pick slips and delivery schedules in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate emergency hot shot orders to be delivered prior to need.
- Oversee the warehousing, storage and rotation of all supplies, equipment and dry and frozen consumable materials. Schedule inventory transfers to and from the remote warehouse.
- Maintain up-to-date inventory and location of all items available from the SNS warehouse.
- Oversee the use, training and operation of all warehouse equipment. Make recommendations for the repair or replacement of existing equipment as it becomes obsolete or deteriorates.
- Compile, maintain and file all reports, records and other documents as required including inventory records. Make available all temperature records, health inspections and pest control logs to the proper governing agencies.
- Instruct assigned personnel on proper and safe use of equipment and storage of materials. Inspect warehouse facilities and equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting and climbing. Operate tools, equipment and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Inspect and oversee the use of safety and fire prevention equipment within the warehouse as prescribed by law and school policy.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Investigate and report to risk management on any reports of unsafe driving or accidents.
- Monitor the work and issue work assignments to warehouse workers.
- Investigate complaints received on shipments of equipment and supplies and take appropriate action.
- Participate in budget development and exercise budgetary control over warehouse operations by performing daily cycle counts, reconciling variances and conducting yearly required final inventories.
- Maintain storage areas and organize floor space adhering to storage design principles.
- Secure warehouse office, doors and coolers. Communicate with security regarding irregular access to the facility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Participate in staff selection and comprehensive training.
- Supervise and evaluate warehouse worker(s).
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.