Warehouse Supervisory - Warehouse
Under general supervision, ensure inventory is properly received, stored and distributed to district facilities.
High school diploma or GED
Five (5) years’ experience working in a distribution and storage warehouse.
Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
Possess excellent organization and time-management skills
Knowledgeable of general warehouse procedures
Ability to use computer and software to develop spreadsheets and do word processing
Proficient in inventory control
Ability to plan and coordinate daily and weekly schedules for warehouse staff
Familiar with Oracle Order Management and Inventory Modules
Major responsibilities and duties
- Ensure delivery schedules are developed and implemented to meet district needs.
- Ensure surplus property is picked up, stored, and disposed of in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with purchasing staff to avoid stock outages using Min-Max planning.
- Communicate with schools and departments regarding warehouse procedures.
- Utilize cycle counts to increase accuracy of Inventory counts.
- Provide tips and guidance to schools and departments using the monthly newsletter.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Monitor inventory to identify obsolete and slow moving stock.
- Update and maintain warehouse procedures in CDAP Manual.
- Supervise all forklift operations, maintenance and request repairs when needed.
- Supervise and direct warehouse staff; put worker safety as top priority.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.