Web Applications Systems Analyst
Analyze, plan and program web applications with a focus on communications. Ability to integrate with various internal and external resources to enhance the district’s internal and external web presence. Design applications to promote efficient workflows. Support current and legacy web applications. Explore and implement the latest trends in web development.
Bachelors’ degree in computer science or management information systems, or equivalent experience in web development.
Ten (10) years of related web programming experience
ColdFusion/ASP with a SQL Server backend and IIS
Experience in one of the MVC ColdFusion frameworks such as CFWheels
Proficiency in managing various IIS/Apache web server tasks
Experience in SQL Server database design and optimization
Familiarity with Drupal, PHP and PHP frameworks such as Laravel or Symphony
Proficiency in using Git for version control
Extensive knowledge of Internet infrastructure, practices and computer file management
Ability to detect, analyze, and solve technical problems
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
Website Development and Support
- Maintain current applications and district websites written using various technologies such as ASP, ColdFusion, and IBM Lotus Script programming.
- Design and implement applications to increase the efficiency of complicated workflows.
- Utilize various REST based API of popular Internet services such as Twitter, YouTube etc.
- Implement latest trends in web development and use when appropriate within Garland ISD systems.
- Maintain fluency with various Internet video formats and understanding of video conversion, video sizes, video sizes, codecs, bit rates etc., to support online video on various district sites.
- Database design and understanding of data normalization.
- Work with complex third-party system to fulfill various district needs.
- Serve as the point of contact for various vendors/consultants and as a resource for web/technical questions and issues.
- Utilize understanding of ColdFusion/ASP, SQL Server, IIS, Windows server stack to troubleshoot server issues.
- Utilize understanding of Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP stack and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Perform basic Windows/Linux server management, including but not limited to creating user accounts, set FTP access and create virtual directories/aliases.
- Consult with management to evaluate and implement solutions for deploying district information via district websites.
- Create and analyze reports on web activity, number of hits, traffic patterns, and performance metrics.
- Recommend server, and related equipment, and software upgrades and improvements.
- Responsible for monitoring the work and issuing work assignments in the absence of the Web Services Coordinator.
- Ability to manage projects independently and assign work to other members of the team when needed.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.