Web Media Production Specialist
To deliver effective digital communication through the design, development and maintenance of website content with a focus on developing strategies for producing clear and concise video and web content to support district, department or program initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Three to five (3-5) years of experience producing explainer, marketing, training, or advertising videos
Proficient in software used in video editing, motion graphics, and screen capture such as Premiere, After Effects, Captivate, and Camtasia, etc.
Possess strong communication, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to absorb information quickly
Ability to simplify content and explain it in a way that’s accessible
Possess an analytical mind and excellent attention to detail
Ability to operate prosumer or professional digital video cameras
Naturally creative and imaginative
Demonstrated proficiency with content management systems
Knowledge of information architecture and user experience design and best practices
Basic grasp of HTML and CSS web design and development
Demonstrated ability with Photoshop, Illustrator and graphic design principles
Major responsibilities and duties
- Write video scripts that explain elaborate, complex or abstract information in a succinct and engaging way.
- Collaborate on the design, development and implementation of marketing campaigns to promote district and departmental initiatives.
- Storyboard, design and produce informative motion graphic animations.
- Produce compelling instructional training for website related tasks including voice-over, screen capture demonstrations and other graphical elements.
- Stay current with industry trends, techniques and tools used for video/media design and development.
Web Content Strategy and Production
- Make determinations regarding most effective ways to present content that aligns with our website’s brand and voice, creating related website copy, graphics, interactive elements and videos as needed.
- Develop research-based strategies and guidelines to ensure that the content of our websites is optimized for a user experience.
- Determine program or department’s core message and target audience and alter style of writing accordingly to deliver appropriate web copy that is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Create and deliver instructional activities and support materials.
- Assist with development, design and regular maintenance of district websites with a focus on ensuring accuracy and consistency across our sites.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.