Web Services Coordinator
Manage, direct and administer the Web Services Department, in accordance with the district’s mission and objectives, to ensure the technical and communication effectiveness of the district’s web presence.
Bachelors’ degree in website design and development, communications, computer science, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
Minimum five (5) years of experience managing the design and development of websites
Understanding of web best practices, user experience, and information architecture
Experience with a variety of content management systems
Experience in delivering and managing training for web content contributors
Strong technical knowledge and demonstrated experience in the following technologies: HTML, CSS and website design tools
Experience with graphic design creation/editing tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
Major responsibilities and duties
- Lead the Web team to plan, design, implement and maintain the district’s websites, including schools, district, and intranet.
- Develop modifications or enhancements to existing web-based programs to meet customer needs or system design changes.
- Implement content management strategies.
- Work with senior management on appropriate business models for new web projects.
- Manage projects, including allocation of resources and timelines and reporting on status to management.
- Document and communicate district standards for website design and development.
- Provide instruction when needed for proper use of all web applications by employees.
- Design, edit, develop and maintain district websites.
- Follow purchasing guidelines to acquire and secure vendor products and services to support Web Services operations.
- Develop and administer the department budget based on documented needs and ensure that operations are cost effective and funds are managed wisely.
- Comply with federal and state laws related to website accessibility, copyright, and student privacy for district campus websites.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law and the Texas Education Agency for required web postings.
- Motivate and mentor team members to grow individual skill sets and foster growth of Web Services team as a whole.
- Supervise, evaluate, and recommend the hiring and firing of the members of web services staff.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.