- Yellow or greenish discharge from the eye
- Eyelids stuck together with yellowish/greenish discharge (especially after sleeping)
- Whites of the eyes may or may not have redness or pinkness
- Remove dried and/or liquid discharge from eye with warm water and cotton balls.
- Administer antibiotic eye drops according to doctor’s instructions.
- Exclude from school and/or daycare until prescription treatment has begun.
- Watery discharge
- Redness to the white part of the eye
- No yellow or green discharge or matting of the eye
- Cleanse eyes with warm water and cotton balls every 1 to 2 hours. This may keep bacterial infection from occurring.
- Exclusion from daycare and/or school is not required due to its mild contagiousness.
- See a doctor if yellow green discharge develops.