Garland ISD can once again claim several Texas Honor Roll schools. This program, presented by Educational Results Partnership (ERP), identifies higher-performing campuses that improve student outcomes. The following schools are among just 855 in Texas to be recognized:
- Beaver Technology Center for Math and Science
- Classical Center at Brandenburg Middle School
- Classical Center at Vial Elementary School
- Hillside Academy for Excellence
- Jackson Technology Center for Math and Science
- Kimberlin Academy for Excellence
- Lakeview Centennial High School
- North Garland High School
- Roach Elementary School
- Sachse High School
- Spring Creek Elementary School
- Walnut Glen Academy for Excellence
Schools that received the 2018-19 Honor Roll distinction each demonstrated consistently high levels of student academic achievement, improvement in achievement over time, and a reduction in achievement gaps among student populations. For high schools, the Honor Roll recognition also included measures of college readiness.
“We are honored to be named a leader among the thousands of public schools in Texas,” said GISD Superintendent Dr. Ricardo López. “We are continually striving to increase academic achievement and improve educational outcomes for all of our students. Our teachers and administrators are fully committed, and we are thrilled to see their hard work and dedication produce such positive results.”
All 2018-19 Honor Roll schools will now receive a banner to display on campus that announces their accolade. They will also be featured on the ERP website, where educators and policymakers seek out high performing schools in order to replicate their success.
To access the Honor Roll, visit www.edresults.org.