Garland ISD has three cities and 72 schools but it is one big family. And, despite the coronavirus closure, the district is #GISDAlwaysConnected. A recent video contest allowed students and staff to showcase their at-home learning and work, as well as inspirational messages. More than 60 participants representing schools and departments across the district submitted entries via Twitter and Facebook. Each video offered stiff competition and garnered likes from the community, but six were chosen to receive $50 prizes courtesy of the Garland ISD Education Foundation.
- At-home learning – Layla Johnson, Beaver Technology Center for Math & Science
- Inspirational message – Sanaa and Saria Edwards, Couch Elementary School
- At-home learning – Veronica Jackson, Jackson Technology Center for Math & Science
- Inspirational message – Tina Nguyen, Sachse High School
- At-home learning – Teresa McCutcheon and Esther O’Grady, Spring Creek Elementary School
- Inspirational message – Tammy Todd, Watson Technology Center for Math & Science
For more positive communication and unity while we are apart, search the hashtag #GISDAlwaysConnected on Twitter and Facebook.