Interested in a magnet program?
Our magnet programs offer a wide range of opportunities with specialized curriculum in areas such as:
- Math, science & technology
- Dual language in Spanish
- Enriched English, math, and arts programs
- Global business and leadership
- International Baccalaureate
- Classical studies and arts
- College and career
- Accelerated Math & Science
- Air Force Junior ROTC (AFJROTC)
- Early College High School (ECHS)
- Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH)
- Visual and Performing Arts (AVAPA)
Identify which programs your son/daughter qualifies for by reviewing information about our magnet programs. Students who meet the magnet qualifications are encouraged to apply to the appropriate magnet program(s).
A magnet application must be submitted to the GISD online application system by or before the deadline to be considered for a GISD magnet program. Students already participating in a GISD magnet program are eligible to continue in that program as long as they continue to meet the qualifications and expectations for their given magnet strand.