Red Ribbon Week
Bravery is not just for superheroes! Speak out in support of healthy choices and show your commitment to living a safe, healthy & drug-free lifestyle during Red Ribbon Week. Campuses throughout the district will conduct a variety of activities to raise awareness on the benefits of preventing alcohol, tobacco and other drug abuse. Send a message by staying drug-free!
Learn more at redribbon.org. #BeHappyBeBraveBeDrugFree
Encouraging students to be drug-free
Families who talk regularly about drugs help decrease their students' chances of drug use by 42%. Here's how you can support your student in being drug-free:
- Talk with your children about drugs before they are teens (read NIDA Facts on Teen Drug use)
- Send positive text messages to your child
- Be a part of their lives
- Know where your children are and what they are doing
- Set clear rules and enforce them fairly
- Be a good example
- Make your home safe
- Know the facts about vaping (read the FDA warning on vaping THC)
If you are a student who has a guardian who is addicted to drugs or alcohol, be sure to get support and talk with an adult. See the National Association for Children of Alcoholics handout for more tips.
Need help? Reach out to the National Helpline by texting 55753 or calling 1-800-662-4357.