Substitute Teachers and Substitute Aides needed for the 2020-2021 School Year
You can impact a child's future by becoming a substitute. Our district has opportunities open at all levels. Please note: Applicants must be able to work at least two to three days a week.
Substitute Teacher requirements:
- TX Certified applicants will be given first priority.
- Applicants with an Associates's, 48 hours of college, or a Bachelor’s degree can substitute for a teacher.
- Degreed applicants will be considered for professional positions after all certified applicants have been exhausted.
Substitute Aide requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Substitute Aides will be substituting for classroom aides and any other paraprofessional aide positions that require a substitute.
- GISD retirees-$135 a day
- TX Certified Teacher-$115.00 a day
- Degreed (Associates, 48 hours of college or Bachelors) -$100.00 a day
- Instructional Aide- $85.00 a day
- Non-Instructional Aide- $75.00 a day