Dallas County Promise scholarship
All seniors at participating high schools have the opportunity to earn a full-tuition scholarship to any Dallas County Community College for three years or the completion of an associate degree (whichever comes first). Seniors do not need to meet any income or GPA requirements.
Seniors who participate in the Dallas County Promise program will also be matched with a success coach who will serve as a mentor beginning at the end of the senior year through college completion.
Participating high schools
Our Dallas County Promise campuses are:
- Garland High School
- Lakeview Centennial High School
- Naaman Forest High School
- North Garland High School
- South Garland High School
Become a Promise Scholar
Seniors need to meet three deadlines in order to participate in the Dallas County Promise program.
- Sign the Promise Pledge and apply for admissions at a Promise partner college by Feb. 8, 2019.
- Submit your FAFSA/TASFA to a Promise partner college by March 8, 2019.
- Enroll and register for fall semester classes at a Promise partner college by July 31, 2019
Ready to make the Promise Pledge?
If you are graduating in 2019 from LCHS, NGHS or SGHS, the Dallas County Promise program can help you succeed in college and beyond.
What about other college costs?
Promise Scholars who also meet income and GPA requirements can receive the Rising Star Scholarship to cover the cost of textbooks.
What about a bachelor's degree?
Promise Scholars that complete an associate degree at a Dallas County Community College have access to transfer scholarships available at Promise partner colleges. Students must meet the admissions and scholarship requirements at each university.