ECHS student commitment agreement
Student success is maximized when the school, parent, and the student work together. Students will have to agree to the expectations outlined below.
I understand that I will have the opportunity to earn up to 60 college credit hours.
I will attend the Parent Information Session.
I understand that I am responsible for my success in the South Garland Early College High School and I fully commit to the following:
- I will always treat others with respect.
- I agree to arrive to all classes on time every day.
- I will fully commit to and participate in the AVID program.
- I understand that satisfactory progress, demonstrated self-discipline, and regular attendance are mandatory for continued study at South Garland ECHS.
- I agree to be a proactive student and monitor my grades in high school and college courses. I will also attend tutoring and seek additional help as needed.
- I agree to keep the office at South Garland ECHS notified of any changes in address or critical phone numbers for communication.
- I understand that South Garland ECHS will operate on a calendar similar to Eastfield College and that attendance at college courses may be required even on days when Garland ISD is not in session.
- I agree to follow the South Garland ECHS uniform policy.
- I understand that I will be expected to attend Summer Bridge Program.
- In order for the school to maintain accurate records and monitor my degree plan progress, I will allow the South Garland Early College High School to access my college records. This information is released, subject to the confidentiality provisions of appropriate state and federal laws and regulations, which prohibit disclosure of this information without specific consent.
- I understand that I must comply with all Garland ISD and Eastfield College regulations.
I understand that if I fail to comply with this agreement, I may lose the privilege of being enrolled in the South Garland Early College High School.