ECHS parent commitment agreement
Student success is maximized when the school, parent, and the student work together. Parents/guardians will have to agree to the expectations outlined below.
I understand that my student will have an opportunity to earn 60 hours of college credit hours.
I understand that my student is required to participate in the AVID program.
In order for my student to be successful in the South Garland Early College High School , I fully commit to the following:
- I will ensure my child is at school on time every day.
- I understand that satisfactory progress, demonstrated self-discipline, and regular attendance are mandatory for continued study at South Garland ECHS.
- I understand that my child will fully commit to and participate in the AVID program.
- I agree to attend and support school functions including but not limited to; open house, parent meetings, parent conferences, parent information sessions, and regularly access parent portal.
- I agree to keep the office of South Garland ECHS notified of any changes in address or critical phone numbers for communication.
- I understand that South Garland ECHS will operate on a calendar similar to Eastfield College and that attendance at college courses may be required even on days when Garland ISD is not in session.
- I agree to supply my student with the necessary uniform for South Garland ECHS.
- I understand that my child will be expected to attend Summer Bridge programs.
- In order for the school to maintain accurate records and monitor my child’s degree plan progress, I will allow the South Garland Early College High School to access my child’s college records. This information is released, subject to the confidentiality provisions of appropriate state and federal laws and regulations, which prohibit disclosure of this information without specific consent.
- I understand that my student will not withdraw from a course with approval of the South Garland ECHS Leadership Team.
- I understand that my child must comply with all Garland ISD and Eastfield College regulations.
I understand that if I fail to comply with this contract, that my student may lose their privilege of being enrolled in the South Garland ECHS.