How to enroll using Skyward
We are excited to welcome you into the Garland ISD family. We have provided a document version of the instructions to enroll online below:
To get started, you'll need an account on Skyward. If you don't have another child enrolled in our district, please complete the Account Request form for access. If you already have another GISD student enrolled and have Family Access login information, you may use that account.
When you have access to an account, go to the Skyward homepage and use your login information
to select "New Student Online Enrollment".
Online enrollment process
All six steps must be completed to submit the enrollment application:
- Select the school year you wish to enroll your child in: "Current School Year (2020-2021)" or the "Next School Year (2021-22)". Then, fill out the information for Step 1 following it.
Note: At this time, the only option for "Expected School to Enroll into" is "Enrollment Center" as they will review all applications.
- Complete Steps 2-4 in order.
- Upload the extended required enrollment documents for Step 5:
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's immunization records (state law requires that students are current with immunizations to enroll in school)
- Parent/guardian ID
- Parent/guardian proof of residency*
- Any school records that will assist with scheduling (i.e. previous school records, class schedule, report card, the student's previous Home Language Survey if enrolling for the first time, any special education or 504 documents if applicable, etc.)
- Social security card (optional)
- For Pre-K students: Proof of Pre-K eligibility documentation. See "What do I need to enroll" on our Pre-K eligibility page.
*Parents/guardians must provide a current copy of one of the following:
- mortgage statement
- lease agreement
- electricity, water, or gas bill (showing the service address, not mailing address
- Complete all required forms during Step 6, including the Choice of School form. We will do our best to assign your child to one of the three schools you select depending on seat availability.
Once all of the 6 steps on Skyward are completed, you may submit your application to the district.
After submission, a district employee will be in contact to complete your enrollment remotely via email or phone. Please be aware that this process make take some time.
Questions? Contact AskStudentServices@garlandisd.net for assistance.
See the previous steps for joining the GISD family on our enrollment page.