Volunteer in our schools
We encourage parents, guardians, and patrons of our district to become an active part of the success in our schools by sharing your time and talent as a volunteer.
For the safety of all students, the Garland Independent School District requires all potential volunteers who will work at any campus receive a background check by the Department of Public Safety (DPS).
Find out more about the volunteer application process.
Possible volunteer opportunities
- Instructional Aide
- Reading to/from Students
- Guest Speakers (Career Day, Texas Scholars, Black History Day, etc.)
- Cultural Fair Exhibitor
- Judges/Coaches (Science Fair, Reflection Artwork, Academic Decathlon, UIL, etc.)
- Workroom Assistant (copies, mail, die cuts, etc.)
- Field Trip Helper
- Library Assistant
- Book Reading/Review for Accelerating Reading Program
- Maintain Marque
- Crossing Guard
- Landscape Services/Plant Materials
- Musical Instrument/Talents
- Snacks for Teachers/Students (Teacher Appreciation, Testing Days)
- Childcare provider for meetings and workshops at school
- Sewing (uniforms, costumes, curtains)